Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP)


Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP)

A foreign national seeking to obtain an open work permit under the PGWP


Must meet the following criteria:

  • The student must have continuously studied full-time in Canada at a post_secondary institution and graduated from a program of at least eight months duration;
  • The student must still be in possession of a valid study permit upon submission of a work permit application;
  • The student must have received a written notification from the educational institution indicating that he is eligible to obtain a degree, diploma, or certificate; and
  • The student must apply for the permit within 90 days of receiving written confirmation from the institution indicating that the academic program was suc_cessfully completed (for example, a transcript or notice of graduation).

Once granted, the post-graduation work permit may be valid for a period of time not exceeding the period during which the graduating student studied at a Canadian post-secondary institution, and may not exceed three years.


If you obtain skilled Canadian work experience in NOC types 0, A or B through the PGWP, you may qualify for permanent residence in Canada. Contact us and speak to an immigration expert to learn more about how a PGWP can change your life.


Let experts help you to your next step towards permanent residence.


Book an Appointment

Please complete the details below and then click on submit and we'll be in contact