Canadian Experience Class


Canadian Experience Class

You must have at least 1 year of skilled work experience in Canada, in the last 3 years before you apply—you can meet this in a few different ways:


full-time at 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full-time (1,560 hours)

equal amount in part-time work: for example 15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)

You can work as many part-time jobs as you need to meet this requirement.

full-time work at more than 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months at more than 1 job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)

have gained your work experience by working in Canada while under temporary resident status with authorization to work

Your skilled work experience must be paid work including paid wages or earned commission. IRCC don’t count volunteer work or unpaid internships.


For part-time work, you can work more or less than 15 hours/week as long as it adds up to 1,560 hours. You can work more than 1 part-time job to get the hours you need to apply.


IRCC don’t count any hours you work above 30 hours/week.

There is no education requirement for the Canadian Experience Class.

You must meet the minimum language level of:

Canadian Language Benchmark(CLB) 7 for TEER 0 or TEER 1 jobs or

Canadian Language Benchmark(CLB) 5 for TEER 2 or TEER 3 jobs.


Your language tests are valid for 2 years after the date of the test result and must be valid on the day you apply for permanent residence.


We will navigate through different programs and find the best suitable options for you.


Book an Appointment

Please complete the details below and then click on submit and we'll be in contact